Job...

Job!!! One of the most important things in life, so much that for some it is a matter of pride, some are addicted to it , some do it coz its cool and for some it’s a necessity. Your job gets u the money and a sense of self independence but along with that what u get is problems, headaches, office bitches, name calling, jealousy and above all some of the most difficult people to deal with! I got my very first job on 18th Sep’ 06, and I’ll never forget this date for the rest of my life… I was the happiest then n so were my parents and others who really cared for me… I mentioned bout ur job being ur pride? I work for ICICI BANK, one of the very well-known banks in India and people are awestruck when I mention I work for ICICI BANK, and some even question my credibility to get this job… what matters is I have it… this job has thought me a lot. I have come out of this over protected shell and am out in this big bad corporate world, where everyone is out to get you,while I always thought the world was a better place… its been 10 months since, I have grown with it, I am addicted to it, learned from it and absolutely loved every bit of it… And in spite of it all, I stick to saying, I Laaauuuuu it!!!!!

It all started with training on 3rd Oct’ 06, Training period was fun... learned almost everything bout shares n stuff n actually learnt how rich some people are! Some people have shares worth 2 crores lying in their a\c and they don’t even care bout it, n yea this is a very well known person, I'll loose my job if I say who it is. But how much money man! God cant be so unfair!!! I would go for shopping sprees all the time if I had money like dat! Some people are lucky... Some dream bout being (am one of em) lucky and some just work there asses off (want to be one of em)to get where they r today! Getting back to my training sessions...My trainer is so sweet and caring, So much that we are all convinced he is Gay! I mean C'mon he sits with his legs crossed, has tears of happiness when we all get appreciated for our good work, who else does dat??? A 6 feet tall, extremely fair good looking man who favors guys over good looking gals (like me ;)) U still think am kidding? And then… I had this mammoth crush on my softskills trainer, until the day … he wore a Red polo neck T-shirt, Grey Trousers, Formal black shoes… OMG!!! Even thinking bout it makes me sick! Why God? Why? About the other 9 in d batch am the 10th and d prettiest by d way... Hehe.... There was an 11th guy named Faham who had to leave the batch midway coz of sum reason, n I was so happy dat day!!! Reason? He used to keep staring at me all the time! Man I used to get so uncomfortable...n every time I looked at him with ANGER he smiled at me like I was gona run into his arms or something(La la la... lala....) UGGGH! Disgusting!!! Next Rehan... he looks like a retard but he thinks he is better looking than Tom or even Enrique for that matter. He asks so many irrelevant questions...Am sure he must have asked a question and not cried when he was born! He is like Paresh Rawals character in the movie Judai, worst than dat probably! Jayesh n Prasad nice polite guys, have nothing against them...they r like d sidies of the class. Saurabh.... he is the only cute n decent guy in the batch and He is married (Damn it!!!), he looks like a school boy though.... the only guy at work I talk to without my famous sarcasm or attitude hehe… then there is Nitesh.. Man!I am amazed by how much nonsense this guy can talk! Bout the Gals in d batch… there’s Radhika who I think must hv topped all the exams she ever wrote starting from nursery. She just has to be the best all the time and gives us the u r not worth it look everytime we crack a joke. How can sum1 not have a sense of humor??? Pallavi, don’t even know if she’s there in class or not. She’s lost in her own world, is super dumb but acts like she knows it all!!! Ressy, she smells of coconut oil so much that we think she bathes in it everyday! Ashwini I surprisingly get along with her, but I figured she lies a lot so stay away from her a bit these days. It’s been 10 months since we started working and she has taken sick leaves for almost every disease known to mankind! Chitra is kinda shrewd and boring! I hate the journey back home with her! Yea coz she tells me bout how she woke up at 6:06 am, brushed at 6:08 am, bathed at 6:17 am... how she sneezed 18 times in the day...imagine listening to her daily routine like dat!!! ...Even interrupting her doesn’t help, she just goes on n on n on…..Slow Death.....

Moving on to my stint with stardom! Yea dat happened at work! During training there was this shoot that took place for the orientation cd (in which ppl go gaga bout icicibank). It was normal day at training, I was dressed in my best shirt n trousers (yea I had to dunk my jeans n T-shirt, sniff sniff) I was walking to my class when KP my BRM kept staring at me all the time! I got a lil conscious bout a women staring at me for so long, Then she walked up to me n said she would like me to act in the cd coz I was pretty (Finally somebody agreed!hehehe...), n yea she said dat! She explained the part to me. I had to walkup to my desk, put on the headphones n say Good Morning! Welcome to ICICIBANK, How may I help you? Sounds simple isn’t it ? Well I realized it isn’t! I felt like a star when it all started, and then....They made me say it 50000+ times, from different angles.... My legs where aching coz they made me walk thru d entrance a million times and my cheeks where hurting coz I had to give dat super fake smile! Trust me, if they had d rite tools they would’ve modified each n every part of my body! Ask me bout the experience I would say it was bad! I would never wana shoot for anything ever again! After the whole thing was done KP walked up to me n said ur look gr8 in all d shots! n trust me all my pain went away :). And bout all d gals in d class, they got J coz of this n wouldn’t talk to me! How small can some people be? I had one more shoot like that recently, but it was not as torturing… it was done in 15 mins sharp! I had to say “I HAVE THE POWER”, and the videos were shown during the town hall… ever since I have random people walking up to me saying “you have the power huh?” (with a stupid grin)I can only acknowledge it with a smile(in spite of wanting to whack them in the face with a frying pan!)… to top it all, they also put pictures of me through out the office with the same caption… yea, they made me a star… but it’s annoying!

Other than my batch met a whole bunch of people when we went on the floor for the real deal… It all started with all the guys drooling over me, staying away from me coz they thought I had an attitude, which is partially true ;)… I had to announce I had a BF that’s when all the drooling stopped, had to do it coz none of the guys were my type… This was the story 10 months back, I know them all now n they are all sweethearts, and work is so much fun because of them… that doesn’t mean I trust all of them though… The gals are also fine, the major bitching happens in this part… it bothered me a lot sometime back, now I just consider it a part of my professional life! Some people are just never happy with whatever you do, some just have a problem with everything you do kinds… Not caring is easier; I’ll just not be my self if I changed myself for everything they said… But still have a lot of fun at work, irrespective of what lies beneath…every day is a experience .My previous TL was an angel… she was calm, composed, understanding, appreciative, kind and simply lovable… I enjoyed everyday of work with her, she made my b’day special even when she was not my TL anymore, some people are born angels… Bout my current TL, She’s a professional bitch although I prefer calling her just the later…she is inconsiderate, manipulative, unapproachable and annoyingly stubborn! She didn’t even care to wish me on my b’day… I call her when am sick asking for a leave, n all she cares bout is a medical certificate to prove it! That’s how selfish and inconsiderate she is… I hate to be a part of her team, coz she get appreciated because of the work that I do, n she doesn’t even consider appreciating me for it! She’s like a parasite, thriving on my effort! This is the harsh truth bout the professional life that I learnt, or maybe this is the price you pay for being at the bottom of the corporate ladder…

Some sweet memories of my job include my very first salary, the bonus in April and all the appreciations I got from different people for different reasons… the appreciations just makes u wana work harder u know, it’s the sweetest part of your job… Its the freedom and power I feel when I shop with my hard earned money...This is the story of my professional life, and this is only the beginning… have lots to learn and implement, have loads of people to meet and take a step forward to move up the corporate ladder… all the things above gimi a sense of satisfaction, and a new zeal to goto work every morning and give it my best no matter what… my job is my definition of independence, my job is my expression, my job is happiness, my job is my life…

1 comments:

gayathri vishwanathan said...

monaliiiiiiii...u write so well...my teri fan ho gayi!!!

 
Copyright 2009 This thing called.... Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree